Natural makeup products are a safer alternative to chemical based beauty products. A natural product is described as one that contains mostly or completely naturally derived ingredients. These ingredients are derived from plants, flora, essential oils, vitamins, and minerals.
6 Reasons You Should Be Using All Natural Makeup
1. Around 80% of what we apply on our skin gets absorbed into our bloodstream. Makeup products with natural ingredients are generally kinder to skin than regular make-up products. Many skin problems, such as acne, contact dermatitis, irritations, and allergies will often disappear once synthetic ingredients are removed from your makeup products.
2. Natural make-up is suitable for all skin types and tones, and for all ages. There are a lot of 100% natural makeup products out there from foundations, powders and blushes, to eye shadows and bronzers. Natural makeup products are often described as being lighter in texture and softer on skin. Makeup products with natural ingredients are also less likely to dry your skin or cause oiliness, and are non-comedogenic, meaning they won't clog your facial pores.
3. The rise of natural make-up products has made us a lot more wary of the ingredients traditional cosmetics contain. We have come to realize that a lot of beauty products available contain chemicals that can irritate our skin. Natural make-up products often contain fewer additives than regular cosmetics. The ingredients are natural and all earth based, and are devoid of any skin irritants and synthetics such as talc, parabens, fragrances, and preservatives.
4. Makeup with natural ingredients will feel more breathable on your skin. For those who possess oily and combination skin, natural makeup should be your holy grail as it is excellent for sensitive and acne prone skin. The oil base in regular foundations can exacerbate the problem of excess oil by clogging pores, but natural make-up is water base meaning your make-up stays in place, but it won't clog pores and will reduce your chances of an unwanted breakout.
5. Makeup products made with natural ingredients typically look, perform, and feel amazing. Natural ingredients are not extracted or processed using anything other than natural products as solvents, they are produced by nature, not exposed to irradiation and do not contain GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
6. When switching to natural makeup you may want to take extra care of your cosmetic brushes and applicators. Dirt and excess product fester on brushes, leaving them full of germs and bacteria. In turn when we continually use them to apply make-up we end up transferring these bacteria to our skin, which leads to pores becoming clogged. Harmful chemicals can already be found all over your house you really do not want to transfer them to your face.
Overall, for those of you who wear makeup everyday, ridding your stash of chemical and artificial makeup products will be exceedingly beneficial for your skin. Head over to our store and see all the amazing natural products we offer.