Posted by Cowgirl Dirt on 10/17/2016
The major reason most cowgirls don’t go through a night time cleanse is exhaustion.
We’ve all been there.
After a long day in the saddle, don't you just want to go home, crash on your bed and not get up till the next morning?
Keeping a skin care routine is a lot of work, but it is very important if you want healthy, radiant skin. Your skin reflects the amount of care it gets, and if it’s not getting enough, that’s going to show.
3 reasons why you should never go to bed without a proper cleanse:
• You need to unclog your pores: properties like dirt, sebum (oil) and makeup sit on your face all day. They eventually seep into your skin and clog up your pores. This ultimately leads to acne breakouts on the skin, excess oil production and some extreme skin infections if the situation is not handled. This is why it is very important to cleanse properly and dislodge harmful properties clinging to your skin.
• Rehydrate your skin: being out and about means exposing your skin to the elements. Sun, dry air and cold weathers can dry out the skin quickly. When you cleanse, you open up your skin, allowing your moisturizer to seep in and provide hydration to the skin cells.
• Your bedding needs to be oil and bacteria free: when you go to bed with a face full of all these properties, you introduce them to your pillow and sheets. During that week, even when you cleanse your skin, it still comes into contact with them through your bedding. That means your whole skincare routine was basically a waste of effort.
A Good Cleansing Routine
For a basic routine, you can start with these essentials:
• Morning Glory Hydrating Cleanser - Start with your cleanser to remove all the dirt and oil build up. Make sure to rinse off properly.
• Tried and True Toner - Your toner is needed to return your skin to a balanced ph level. Although your cleanser is very gentle to the skin, it is still necessary. The toner keeps your skin condition stable, preventing skin issues like acne outbreaks, spots and excessive sebum production.
• Blue Ribbon Face Moisturizer (for those with drier skin) or Morning Dew Moisturizer - Your moisturizer is very important. It seals up the pores, keeping hydration locked in to the skin. It’s important to moisturize right after your cleansing routine to keep the moisture in your skin before it dries out. Many women like to skip this part, especially if they have oily or combination skin. Moisturizing won’t make your skin oily though, it will keep it hydrated with a healthy glow. This step should not be skipped for any reason.
• High Noon Lip Moisturizer - Remember to moisturize your lips to keep them soft and supple.
Even after you have settled into an extensive routine, there might be days when you don’t feel like going through all the steps. Just make sure you use these basic essentials. They are all very important to keep your skin healthy and balanced.
A morning skincare routine is just as important. Here is an image of the order of application for you to pin or print out and keep in your makeup drawer.